Monday, June 8, 2009

Reviews and Promises

I have been writing book reviews here and there, and have posted the links to two short stubs below. More soon, perhaps full articles! WOULDN'T YOU BE LUCKY!

I am beginning to learn how to be better at pitching things, which is one of those skills that seems undeniably for adults. I spend so much of my time with people whose inner children are strapped to their chests in those trendy little slings that it is always a little jarring to remember that technically, I have entered adulthood. That I have actually been here for quite some time. So when I am emailing editors to ask if this thing I want to write is a thing they want to print, I always feel weird omitting that I am not really grown up. It ends up that they never find out that I am not an adult and I never find out that I am, and it works out well for everyone.

I especially recommend the first book, The Philosopher and the Wolf by Mark Rowlands. Anyone who has seen me in the last three months has probably heard me talk a little or a lot about this book. It is a memoir about the love between a man and a wolf, and I rescind my friendship if that is not enough to pique your interest.

http://www.thelmagazine.com/newyork/the-philosopher-and-the-wolf/Content?oid=1180025

http://www.thelmagazine.com/newyork/the-mighty-angel-by-jerzy-pilch/Content?oid=1151579

I have had a couple busy months and have not posted up here as much as I would have liked. Now it's summer and I'm going to post more. Is that an empty promise? Maybe you'll just have to come back forever, all the time, to see.

.

No comments: