Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Hey, I'm here with this dinosaur!"

OBSERVATION: While "researching" my last Jurassic Fight Club review, I noticed that a lot of human-dinosaur scale drawings feature this one super-cavalier guy. There he is, waving politely, while a dinosaur threatens his existence less than a meter away. Who is this guy? OBSERVE WITH ME:

Majungatholus:

"Hey, check out this Majungatholus that's about to scoop me up by my vitals!"


Albertosaurus

So close to death.


Eoraptor

"Hey, just hanging with Eoraptor over here."


Styracosaurus

Probably the only one I've found where the dinosaur looks subservient. The guy could be doing his standard "What's up?" wave, but it looks more as if he is telling the Styracosaurus to heel or something. Or doing that thing Crocodile Dundee does where he sedates a bull using only his intensity.


Velociraptor

Last year, paleontologists confirmed that velociraptors had feathers but I still can't quite accept it. Looks weird to me, all decked out like that. That's my counter-thesis.


Dilophosaurus

The less neutrally-toned a dilophosaur is, the angrier it is.


Edmontosaurus

I mostly added this because it's my hometown dinosaur. Go Oilers!


Brachiosaurus

"Hey, I'm just here with this mind-bogglingly enormous lizard. What's up?"


AND FINALLY, THE BEST IN THE SERIES:

Stegosaurus

You would quit your good-natured waving too if you were about to be the victim of a Stego-fart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! Your captions are hysterical! I've noticed this phenomenon, too. As a mom of three boys, I've read a lot of dino books in my day. Great post!

hostreboot said...


RDP stipulates an individual friendly port to attach with another computer system above a network relationship We Offer in All Sorts of NL RDP, U S A RDP, Devoted RDP at Reasonable Price Read More :- Dedicated Server Usa